Since 1962, the United Way of Prince Edward Island (UWPEI) has been committed to building stronger, healthier communities on PEI. UWPEI is a federally-registered non-profit umbrella organization that aims to support community, social and health agencies through funding, partnering, research and advocacy. The UWPEI envisions a society in which all Islanders enjoy a dignified and healthy lifestyle, as contributing members of caring and supportive communities.
We build communities and improve Islanders’ quality of life through our partnerships with Island community charitable organizations.
- By conducting an annual Island-wide community needs assessment, priority needs are determined.
- The priority needs help establish an Island-wide Annual Fundraising Campaign which helps to support PEI non-profit agencies that create Priority Programs to address the priority needs.
- The UWPEI promotes ongoing public awareness throughout Prince Edward Island to garner awareness of the Priority Programs.
- The UWPEI seeks to develop new partnerships between donors and non-profit agencies in order to identify needs and gaps in service, and to help establish programs to fill those needs.
- To do all such other lawful things that will advance any and all of the above objectives.
- Provide non-partisan leadership in social change
- Endorse innovation, partnerships and collective action
- Respect community wisdom and encourage resident involvement
- Encourage and promote volunteerism and volunteer leadership
- Demonstrate trust, integrity, transparency, inclusiveness and respect
- Embrace diversity